The communication protocol of the master controller, Factory Automation (FA) network, is converted to Oriental Motor's own RS-485 communication protocol. Connection to Oriental Motor's network compatible products is completed with one RS-485 communication cable.
- Compatible Networks:
CC-Link, MECHATROLINK-II, MECHATROLINK-III, EtherCat
*For use with Stored Data (Network) type drivers.
Industrial Network Communication for Automation and Motion Control
Oriental Motor offers industrial network communication products under the FLEX concept, meaning each product is equipped with an interface that connects to various industrial networks and master controllers featuring I/O; such as PLC, HMI or serial communication such as RS-485 / Modbus (RTU).
FLEX is the generic name for products that are used for Factory Automation (FA) network control via I/O control, Modbus (RTU) control, or a network converter. FLEX products enable easy connection, easy control, and reduce the complexity of system configuration.
Network Gateways for Factory Automation (FA) Networks
By using a network gateway, CC-link or MECHATROLINK communication are possible. Operating data, parameter settings or operation commands can be easily input.
CC-Link Control / MECHATROLINK Control / EtherCat Control
By using a network converter (sold separately), CC-link communication, MECHATROLINK communication and EtherCat communication are possible. Operating data, parameter settings or operation commands can be input via various types of communication. Since it can flexibly accommodate the networks specified by the end user, design time is shortened.
- The burden on the programmable master controller is reduced and costs are lowered when multiple axis are used.
- Compatible with various networks, allows for multiple axis or additional axis if needed.
- CC-Link compatibility: Max. 12 axis
- MECHATROLINK-II compatibility: Max. 16 axis
- MECHATROLINK-III compatibility: Max. 16 axis
- EtherCat compatibility: Max. 16 axis
- Can also handle group sending function between groups